EIGHT PARTICIPATING SOMMS
Gracie South – Endeavor Restaurant Group, Haley Hinz – LouVino Highlands, Aaron Wilson – Southern Glazer’s, Alaina Hatfield – Canary Club / Breeze Wine Bar, Davy Butterworth, John Grisanti – Nouvelle Wine Bar, Ryan Lindauer – Proof on Main, Jason Steigerwalt – Southern Glazer’s
4 PARTICIPATING LOUVINO CHEFS & THEIR DISHES
🌏 Around the World is the food theme this year, the Chef and Country for each course was chosen at random.🌎
1 | Tavis Rockwell Endeavor Restaurant Group
China – pork belly char siu steam buns
2 | Mateo Sullivan Executive Chef LV Douglass Hills
Puerto Rico – rice with pigeon peas & Puerto Rican stewed beans
3 | Elliot Baranowske Sous Chef – LV Douglass Hills
Italy – beef braciole with parsnip purée, toasted marcona almonds and crispy basil
4 | Nikki Estrada-Fitzner Executive Chef – LV Highlands
Canada – chocolate graham cracker and coconut almond crust, buttercream custard, chocolate ganache, flaky sea salt and toasted coconut
How does Somm Slam Work!?
- 8 Louisville Sommeliers & 4 LouVino Chefs are chosen to participate!
- One Chef + Two Somms are assigned to each course at random (4 total courses, 8 total wines)
- Somms taste their assigned course dish, take notes, ask Chefs questions then the real fun begins. Each Somm gets to work over several weeks on finding one wine they feel is the PERFECT pairing with the Chef’s Dish!
- Wines are kept a secret…Competition is FIERCE
- On the night of the event, YOU get to dine on each course alongside each wine then YOU vote on the wine that pairs best with the course.
- After course, the Sommeliers will stand and reveal their wine to the crowd!
- At the end of the night the Sommelier with the MOST overall votes for their pairing is the winner.
- Attendees will also vote on the overall favorite course of the night; that Chef will win best course.
SEE YOU THERE ON JUNE 5TH!